Product added to cart
Location: Middletown, CT
- Assist Finance Department to facilitate the overall goals of Lyman Products.
Lyman Products is seeking an Accountant.
If you are seeking a great opportunity with a cutting-edge company that has been around since 1878, please apply. This position is for you.
Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Mark 7, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, and Targ-Dot® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform data entry related to SPS and EDI orders, shipments, and invoicing.
- Take an active role in the company’s Inventory Cycle count program. Perform counts, work with cross functional cycle count teams and compile data for review.
- Support the development and maintenance of standard costs.
- Support the accounts payable department as necessary.
- Maintain the customer files related to the Sales and Use tax. Work with customers and our service provider to obtain appropriate support and keep the data base current.
- Perform assigned daily duties, month end close procedures and support annual budget.
- Strong knowledge of excel
- Knowledge of Plex or ERP system preferably.
- Strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills in English
- High Energy/Willing to learn and take on more responsibility
- The ability to be detail-oriented and still multi-task.
Experience working in a Manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Accounting Experience
- Advanced knowledge in Excel which includes pivot tables and V lookups and formulas
The job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required which would require the ability to lift files, open file cabinets or bend on a stool as necessary.
Direct Reports: N/A
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Remotely: No
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lyman Products is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or learning disability, past/present mental disorder, intellectual disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. Lyman also provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
Lyman Products, an equal opportunity employer, is always looking for high quality individuals to join our team. To further explore any of the positions mentioned on this page, please send your resume with reference to the specific job title, to the following address:
Lyman Products Corp
475 Smith Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Attn: Tina Pac at Human Resources
Email your resume now Tpac@lymanproducts.com