Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, Targ-Dot® and Mark 7® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
CNC Lathe Machine Operator
Operates computer numerical control (CNC) lathes to transform metallic, aluminum, and casting parts to close tolerances under minimal supervision with keen attention to detail.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Operate various CNC lathes or other equipment as schedule dictates.
· Check and replenish necessary fluids used in the CNC lathe area.
· Properly recognize and correctly log into job orders.
· Properly load and cycle CNC lathes.
· Follow Inspection frequencies and standards.
· Use various Inspection tools such as micrometers and calipers.
· Accurately document Inspection results throughout designated shift.
· Recognize and react to any tooling or machine issues.
· Communicate any issues during shift change
· 1-3 years previous work experience on CNC lathes.
· Ability to operate CNC lathes.
· Working knowledge of blue prints, gages, drawings.
· Good mechanical aptitude and use of hand tools.
· High School Diploma or equivalent or trade school attendance.
· Good general computer skills.
· Good basic math skills.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
This position does require Safety Glasses for personal protective equipment in designated areas. MUST CHECK AND USE POSTED PPE FOR SPECIFIC TASK – POSTED IN JOB AREA
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m. (1st shift) : 2:30pm – 1:00a.m (2nd shift). Willing to work Over-time as neede
This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. This position requires standing for extended periods of time.
No direct reports
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lyman Products is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or learning disability, past/present mental disorder, intellectual disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. Lyman also provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
Lyman Products, an equal opportunity employer, is always looking for high quality individuals to join our team. To further explore any of the positions mentioned on this page, please send your resume with reference to the specific job title, to the following address:
Lyman Products Corp
475 Smith Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Attn: Tina Pac at Human Resources
Email your resume now Tpac@lymanproducts.com