Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, Targ-Dot® and Mark 7® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
Mark 7 Reloading Consumer Sales Representative
Location: Middletown, CT
Lyman Products is seeking a Consumer Sales Representative for our Mark 7 Reloading Division
If you are seeking a great opportunity with a cutting-edge company that has been around since 1878 please apply. This position is for you.
- Communicates effectively with team members within the sales department as well as across all internal departments. The consumer sales rep is responsible for all aspects of customer relationships and sales cycle including sales to new and existing customers, price negotiation, training, and marketing support. Actively works to develop new direct to consumer sales strategies and promotions and executes them to increase overall sales. Serves as the first point of contact for the customers by providing product and service information. Resolves product and service problems by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs. The consumer sales rep will work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to help support, sell, and promote the Mark 7 product line.
Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Mark 7, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, and Targ-Dot® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Communicate by phone, email, and ticketing system to provide professional answers to customers regarding Mark 7 products, prices, and availability
- Monitors website activity and proactively develops promotions and programs to increase traffic and sales.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions via phone, email, or tickets while also suggesting information about our other products. Ability to professionally control the phone conversation around customer requirements and demands
- Provide timely and accurate quotes to potential customers
- Maintain working relationships with existing customers to ensure exceptional service and identify potential new sales opportunities
- Obtaining deposits and balance of payment from customers
- Enter and set up new customers and maintain current customer master information via entry into the PLEX ERP system
- Enter and process customer orders, make changes to existing orders as well as enter RMA’s (Return Material Authorizations) according to established department policies and procedures
- Provides timely and accurate information on customer order status
- Occasionally package and ship orders to meet customer deadlines
- Resolves customer problems by clarifying issues, researching and exploring answers, and working with Mark 7 Technical support Team
- Provide support to Lyman Customer Service team for Mark 7 related issues
- Make additional/outreach follow up calls to customers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Provides timely feedback to company management regarding product service failures or customer service concerns
- Ability to build relationships and promote a positive work environment focused on team development
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Contribute to ongoing improvement process with suggestions and ideas
- Occasionally travel to perform product demonstrations
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple incoming tasks
- Team player/ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency and accuracy with Microsoft Office Products and company ERP System
- Excellent verbal skills, able to articulate well over the phone
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in order entry and credit card transactions
- Adaptability to changing events in an office environment
- Reliable and on time attendance
- College degree preferred; Minimum high school diploma/GED or equivalent required
- 3 years in sales or related role
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required as well as basic computer skills using Word, Excel, and other standard software.
- The preferred candidate will have a general understanding of firearms and reloading and be able to articulate troubleshooting methods as well as the features and benefits of Mark 7 Products over the phone in a clear and concise manner. In-depth product training provided.
This position does require Safety Glasses for personal protective equipment. MUST CHECK AND USE POSTED PPE FOR SPECIFIC TASK-POSTED IN JOB AREA
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
his position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Remotely: No
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lyman Products is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or learning disability, past/present mental disorder, intellectual disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. Lyman also provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
Lyman Products, an equal opportunity employer, is always looking for high quality individuals to join our team. To further explore any of the positions mentioned on this page, please send your resume with reference to the specific job title, to the following address:
Lyman Products Corp
475 Smith Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Attn: Tina Pac at Human Resources
Email your resume now Tpac@lymanproducts.com
Or apply via indeed