Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, Targ-Dot® and Mark 7® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
Customer Service Manager
Director of Sales
- Maintain customer satisfaction for the Consumer and Dealer channel by providing problem-solving direction and managing the Customer Service Staff
- Oversee daily activities of Customer Service team
- Manage coach and train the Customer Service team
- Work with team and implement policies and procedures which empower them to meet/ exceed customer expectations.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis, responding to their questions and guiding them to the appropriate service person or area.
- Raytech brand management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Key Areas of Responsibility: Department Management
- Accomplish department management objectives by recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Planning and reviewing compensation actions.
- Creating- implementing and enforcing policies, procedures, Terms & Conditions.
- Achieve customer service objectives by contributing information and recommendations for department and company strategic plans and review of same.
- Preparing and completing action plans. Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolving problems; identifying customer service trends to determine system improvements; and implementing such changes.
- Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers, identifying best practices and analyzing information.
- Improves customer service quality results by always studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
- Establishing and communicating level of service metrics.
- Monitoring and analyzing results and implementing changes when necessary.
- Support CS team by being the “go-to” person for questions/problems, & escalated issues.
- Conduct department meetings as necessary.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper function and coverage for the department.
- Be the point of escalation to contact and resolve all consumer complaints coming in by Mail, Phone or Customer Ticket Mailbox.
- Central point of contact to resolve credit card issues related to Authorize.Net, Merchant Services and “credit card declines” of Internet orders.
- Central point of contact for Shipping Dept to resolve all bad address issues with Consumer orders.
Key Areas of Responsibility: Individual
- Create General Shippers in PLEX as needed.
- Dashboard report of monthly metrics on Phone Calls / Orders.
- Responsible for approving and tracking any Consumer Rebate / Free Product offerings.
- Take a leading role in procedures to our Retail customers in Product Recall related issues.
- Responsible for the Mitel Phone System. Central point of contact to phone vendor to resolve any phone issues, adds moves or changes beyond what I can do on my own in the Mitel computer.
- Institute and manage Lyman/Raytech Terms & Conditions, Return/Repair Policies and Warranty Policies for the company.
- Institute and manage Lyman/Raytech Upgrade Exchange Program
- Institute and manage Lyman/Raytech Flat Fee Repair Policy
- Create and maintain an updated list of return repairable items vs those not worth returning.
- Create Standard Work Steps documents on all procedures for work consistency in CS Dept and PLEX
- Oversee sales thru Lyman Bargain Den on ebay via dedicated CSR to this sales channel.
- Responsible to review the historical sales vs forecast demand for all Investarms parts (except guns/barrels) to insure adequate stock of Black Powder Parts. Work closely with Purchasing to cut orders.
- Responsible to review the historical sales vs forecast demand for all Phasic parts insure adequate stock of CMF products. Work closely with Purchasing to cut orders.
- Continually work to put Replacement Parts on website via webmaster for Consumer purchase.
- Monthly review of Aged Trial Balance Report from Accounting on Consumer Sales to insure invoice and credit memo accuracy and closure.
- Monitor and Investigate any fraudulent cc transactions on website to the successful conclusion of the customer bank and company.
- Weekly monitoring of Consumer Order Backlog and RMA’s in PLEX to ensure accuracy and a valid backlog void of clutter.
- Process cc refunds through Authorize.Net on returns that come back via our RMA system. Refunds can be via A.NET or Check Request with back up.
- Work with IT Dept for PLEX enhancements as issues arise for process improvement.
- Review Facebook comments from Consumers and respond to the satisfaction of the consumer.
- Active communication with the Director of Sales & other Sr. Management team members to increase sales and improve the company.
- Manage ERP system Order Processing & Repair/Returns process
- Central point of contact for Consumer Product Incidents/Accident reports
- Keeper of electronic version of the company “Phone List”
- Central point of contact from staff at MARK 7 re Lyman issues / inquiries that wind up in MARK 7 office or email
- Central point of contact for Donation/writer orders/inquiries
Key Areas of Responsibility: Raytech
- PLIR review with Director of Sales each year for product forecast.
- Create website content and keep updated thru Marketing Dept and Webmaster.
- Seek out & contract for advertising opportunities online and trade journals.
- Create content- keep Raytech Catalog updated with assist from Marketing.
- Review yearly price list catalogs to implement new pricing by Jan 1
- Responsible for business growth, seeking out new distributors, review distributor websites for proper pictures/verbiage while trying to sell them on adding new products to their catalogs/websites.
- Amazon ..Responsible for business growth and product accuracy on the Amazon site with help from Marketing.
- Product Category Comparison charts …Sales to Forecast
- Product Technical Notes…..Create as needed for website
- Part Group studies to ensure Min/Max levels in MRP are correct and to study sales activity vs forecast on a monthly basis and adjust as necessary.
- 10+ years’ experience in Customer Service Management
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred
- ecommerce background
- Ability to translate skills to other employees through training and mentoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in firearms/reloading preferred.
None that exceed a normal office, factory warehouse environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- 4 Customer Service Reps
- 1 Front Desk Receptionist
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Disability, 401K Incentive Savings Plan.
Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, Mark 7 Reloading®, Trius®, Butch’s®, A-Zoom®, and Targ-Dot® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
Lyman Products, an equal opportunity employer, is always looking for high quality individuals to join our team. To further explore any of the positions mentioned on this page, please send your resume with reference to the specific job title, to the following address:
Lyman Products Corp
475 Smith Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Attn: Tina Pac at Human Resources
Email your resume now Tpac@lymanproducts.com
Or apply via indeed
Or via Linkedin