Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Uni-Dot®, Butch’s , A-Zoom®, Targ-Dot® and Mark 7® are recognized throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
2nd Shift Quality Inspector
Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording results.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Approves incoming materials and finished goods by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials or products
· Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production and supervisor
· Documents inspection results by completing required reports and log entries
· Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions
· Follows procedures for CMM and Vision System. Saves report files and interprets results for manufacturing
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years in manufacturing or related industry
· Must possess basic computer skills to perform daily reporting duties
· Ability to function in a Team environment, respond to changing priorities, and take direction from leadership
· 2 years of experience in Quality Inspection
· Basic knowledge of inspection methods and blueprint reading
· Experience using computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
The job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely involves inspections and other related duties in the machine shop, shipping and receiving dock, and the Quality offices. There is moderate noise in the machine shop
· Stand; walk and sit frequently.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently.
· Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds frequently.
· Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
· Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds seldomly.
· Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Thursday, 2:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Overtime may be required based on the production schedule.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. This position requires standing for extended periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lyman Products is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or learning disability, past/present mental disorder, intellectual disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. Lyman also provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
Lyman Products, an equal opportunity employer, is always looking for high quality individuals to join our team. To further explore any of the positions mentioned on this page, please send your resume with reference to the specific job title, to the following address:
Lyman Products Corp
475 Smith Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Attn: Tina Pac at Human Resources
Email your resume now Tpac@lymanproducts.com