Available Job Positions
Lyman Products is currently seeking a highly motivated hands on Purchasing Manager.
This qualified candidate should have experience purchasing for a multi sku manufacturing company that sources from both domestic and international suppliers.
REPORTS TO: VP Operations
POSITION SUMMARY: Set-up and prepare vertical machining centers with 4th axis rotary tables to transform steel, aluminum,
and casting parts to close tolerances under minimal supervision with keen attention to detail by performing the following duties.
- Establish an effective Supply Chain team that is a proactive and a strategic department within Lyman.
- Plan the supply of goods into the company to achieve a very high rate of order fulfillment to customer expectations.
- Establish supply sources; negotiate purchases as to price, specifications, terms, delivery date, etc.
- Lead the Sourcing Process, including supplier selection, identifying the five key elements in the selection process of price, quality, logistics, innovation and risk.
- Responsible for all purchasing, including MROs and Blanket P.O.s
- Develop, implement and manage a material procurement strategy to support all Lyman product lines.
- Responsible for the timely procurement of materials, supplies and equipment of required quality and quantity.
- Support objectives for reduced lead times, inventories and improved delivery, quality and responsiveness by creating strong supplier relationships.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders. Develop and maintain effective and proactive communication.
- Provide guidance to direct reports by communicating and reinforcing strategic and tactical plans.
- Prepare and execute both strategic and tactical plans for materials/inventory management.
- Monitor, measure, and oversee implementation of engineering changes to insure timely and appropriate changes with regard to purchased materials.
- Work with vendors to maintain proper inventory levels, quality and delivery for purchased items.
- Pursue Total Cost of Ownership cost reductions on a continuing basis.
- Work with the Planning and Quality functions to ensure disposition of QCAR material and aged materials.
- Ensure that all Quality procedures and control elements are adhered to for the procurement process.
- Cross train in scheduling and Logistics functions
- Supervise employees in the purchasing department.
- Monitor, develop and grow existing supply chain
- Work with others in the Supply Chain function to develop and enhance processes to enable the Supply Chain area to meet future growth requirements.
- Supports company direction and objectives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, business or related field, or 5-years’ experience in procurement and inventory control
- MRP/ERP scheduling production related experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in working with employees at varying levels throughout the organization; including participation with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize requests from internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated detail orientation in gathering data and overall quality of work.
- Ability to assess processes and focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficiency with advanced features of Microsoft Products; Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication abilities
- Proficient in ERP/MRP systems
- Certified in purchasing management (CPM) or certified in production and inventory management (CPIM)
- Project Management experience
- Continuous Improvement Training and application of principles
Lyman Products Corporation is a leader in the shooting sports industry. Our product brands, Pachmayr®, TacStar®, ADTAC®, Trius®, Butch’s, A-Zoom®, and Targ-Dot® are recognized throughout the industry. Our Raytech Industries brand is a leader in supplying high quality equipment to the industrial and metal finishing markets. Our corporate mission is to establish performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and innovator in our industry.
Please forward salary Requirements
Lyman Products, an equal opportunity employer, is always looking for high quality individuals to join our team. To further explore any of the positions mentioned on this page, please send your resume and salary history, with reference to the specific job title, to the following address:
Lyman Products Corp
475 Smith Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Attn: Human Resources
Email your resume now Or apply via Linkedin